President Dr Lazarus Chakwera has announced a new cabinet with a reduced number of cabinet ministers as other ministries have been removed or get combined.
Dr Chakwera and Vice President Dr Saulos Chilima are not holding any ministerial positions. Ministries of Local Government, Unity, and Culture are combined and the number of deputy ministers has been reduced.
Zikhale Ng’oma, Uchizi Mkandawire, and Moses Kumkuyu are the new faces in the cabinet.
Here is the new cabinet list:
1. President of the Republic of Malawi, Commander-in-Chief of Malawi
Defence Force, Dr Lazarus Chakwera.
2. Vice President of the Republic of Malawi, Dr. Saulos Chilima.
3. Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs, Sosten Gwengwe, MP.
4. Minister of Foreign Affairs – Nancy Tembo, MP.
5. Minister of Agriculture – Sam Kawale, MP.
6. Minister of Natural Resources and Climate Change – Michael Usi.
7. Minister of Local Government, Unity, and Culture – Richard Chimwendo Banda, MP.
8. Minister of Justice – Titus Mvalo.
9. Minister of Homeland Security – Ken Zikhale Ng’oma, MP.
10. Minister of Health – Khumbize Kandodo Chiponda, MP.
11. Minister of Trade and Industry – Simplex Chithyola, MP.
12. Minister of Youth and Sports – Uchizi Mkandawire, MP.
13. Minister of Education – Madalitso Wirima Kambauwa, MP.
14. Minister of Transport and Public Works – Jacob Hara, MP.
15. Minister of Mining – Monica Chang’anamuno, MP.
16. Minister of Tourism – Vera Kamtukule.
17. Minister of Gender –Jean Muonaowauza Sendeza, MP.
18. Minister of Labour – Agnes Makonda Nyalonje.
19. Minister of Defence – Harry Mkandawire.
20. Minister of Water and Sanitation – Abida Mia, MP.
21. Minister of Energy – Ibrahim Matola.
22. Minister of Lands – Deus Gumba, MP.
23. Minister of Information – Moses Kumkuyu.
24. Deputy Minister of Local Government, Unity, and Culture – Owen Chomanika, MP.
25. Deputy Minister of Health – Halima Alima Daud, MP.
26. Deputy Minister of Education – Nancy Chaola Mdooko, MP.
27. Deputy Minister of Water and Sanitation – Liana Kakhobwe Chapota, MP.
The appointments are with effect from 31st January 2023. – MBC Online Services.